Cloudways, a reputed cloud-based managed hosting provider, assists numerous companies with server management. With Cloudways, companies can rest assured about their server and application launch along with the regular maintenance of servers.
The infrastructure of Cloudways is optimized for speed, security, and performance. With Cloudways hosting, businesses can scale their hosting services as their website expands. As far as its functions are concerned, Cloudways ensures that WordPress sites load quickly with users not having to worry about any WordPress hosting issues.
Taking the above into consideration, in this Cloudways review 2021, we’ll be shedding some light on everything you need to know about Cloudways, its key features and how Cloudways hosting differs from traditional hosting.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Malta, Europe, Cloudways primary objective is to provide cloud hosting solutions to numerous industries. With managed Cloud hosting, businesses can focus on their daily operations while Cloudways takes care of their hosting issues.
While the majority of web hosts provide managed WordPress hosting on a shared or dedicated server, Cloudways offer a unique managed hosting solution. Cloudways WordPress hosting services are provided for WordPress websites on a cloud server. Here, multiple copies of content will be replicated across several data centers.
A complex algorithm handles the switching of data and if a company’s main server fails, a copy of their website is served from the next available server. This enables rapid deployment of computing resources, as well as excellent performance and service reliability.
Cloudways provide hosting services for individuals, e-commerce, agencies, startups and midsize organizations. As per Cloudways 2021 reviews, the company is known to meet every client’s requirements as they manage servers and handle website launch. Moreover, for e-commerce hosting, Cloudways provides built-in scalability to grow your Ecommerce store. Lastly, Cloudways enables small businesses to host their WordPress website without any technical skills with ease.
Cloudways Vs. Traditional Hosting
With the coming up of cloud hosting, WordPress hosting has evolved. Keeping this in mind, let’s shed some light on how Cloudways WordPress hosting is different from traditional hosting.
- In traditional hosting, your site is stored on a single server. Whereas, with Cloudways WordPress hosting, the site is stored on numerous servers with a backup. Since your website is hosted on many servers in cloud hosting, it can be easily transferred during any mishaps.
- It’s usually faster than traditional hosting since the server can recognize the location of your consumers and transmit content from the server closest to them.
- In traditional hosting, the resources and CPU needs are shared with other websites on the same server. Alternatively, you can maintain a private dedicated server to secure sensitive information but it costs too much.
- Cloud hosts, on average, provide higher security than traditional hosts. Moreover, Cloudways processes your WordPress site using a variety of security techniques.
- Unlike many traditional hosting providers, Cloud hosting provides businesses scalability. Because the cloud servers can scale rapidly, it is perfect if your company’s website unexpectedly experiences a spike in traffic.
- Traditional hosting is a cost-efficient and low-maintenance way to host a website or application. This is because the hosting company manages, maintains, and updates the units.
- With cloud hosting, the user has to pay for what they use instead of paying for a set amount of space upfront on a single server.
- Several cloud hosts use SSDs (Solid-state discs) to increase site speed. This is because SSD-based WordPress Hosting keeps your site fast.
Cloudways reviews 2021 are incomplete without outlining its key features. Cloudways servers provide businesses with varying amounts of storage space and memory. Processing power and bandwidth is offered as well. A cloud server with 10 GB RAM, 25 GB storage, 1 Core Processor, and 1 TB bandwidth is included in the most basic hosting plan.
Outlined below are a few Cloudways Hosting features and how the Cloudways managed hosting solution keeps WordPress websites safe and easy to maintain.
- Cloudways take care of site migration for businesses planning to change hosts.
- Your server speed can be improved by Cloudways CDN. Faster site speeds are especially necessary for online stores.
- The risk of site crashing is reduced because of the auto-healing feature discussed in every Cloudways review. This unique feature resolves any possible issues.
- Cloudways utilizes a dedicated firewall to safeguard a business’s WordPress website. Normally, additional security is required for WordPress websites because it is a target for hackers, being the world’s most popular content management system.
- The Two-factor authentication of Cloudways offers an extra layer of security against hackers.
- Cloudways has a built-in Encrypt SSL that secures communication between your site and your customers.
- New websites can be set up easily. You can deploy a new site on your server with a single click.
- With Cloudways, companies get 24/7 access to expert support.
- Cloudways reviews 2021 highlight a transparent pricing structure, enabling all sorts of companies to avail of their services.
- Companies have control over their applications and servers entirely while Cloudways manages web hosting.
Cloudways compatible server providers
DigitalOcean, a popular vendor that specializes in cloud computing and provides software developers with an IaaS platform. Software developers are required to launch a droplet to deploy DigitalOcean’s IaaS. The droplet can be generally referred to as a virtual machine instance.
Developers are free to select the droplet’s geographical region and size along with the Linux operating system that it will use.
Vultr, another popular cloud computing platform assists businesses with its advanced cloud platform. Vultr is strategically situated in about nineteen datacenters across the globe. The famous cloud computing vendor ensures a standardized cloud compute environment that’s highly reliable and makes it easier for developers and companies to launch a cloud server in 10+ countries with ease.
Vultr is known for the following key features:
- Linux, Windows and BSD
- One Click Apps
- Upload ISO / Mount ISO
- No Long Term Contracts
- Geographic Footprint
- Full Resource Control
Google Compute Engine
Google Compute Engine is a customizable cloud compute service that enables businesses to curate and operate virtual machines. Google Compute Engine employs the VM Manager, a set of tools used to handle operating systems for substantial virtual machine fleets.
A unique aspect of Compute Engine VMs is the fact that these virtual machines are able to live-migrate without having to reboot, enabling applications to run while host systems need maintenance.
Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services is Amazon’s secure cloud computing platform that incorporates IaaS, SaaS and PaaS offerings. Besides, Amazon Web Services provide businesses with a variety of tools, compute, content delivery services and database storage being a few common ones. Moreover, these tools provided by AWS can be leveraged by data centers in about 190 countries.
Linode, a reputed cloud computing platform, provides developers with budget-friendly Linux cloud solutions. Businesses prefer utilizing Linode compared to other top cloud compute vendors because it deploys networking and storage within a few seconds alongside a fully-featured CLI, API and a user-friendly interface.
Linode also offers a high performance infrastructure that comes with free bundled support and DDoS Protection.
Launching Your Server With Cloudways – The Complete Process
After going through the server providers that are compatible with Cloudways, let’s understand how businesses can launch their server in this Cloudways review. Companies can configure the specifications of the server directly from their control panel. To do so, you must first choose your desired cloud provider on the Cloudways portal before proceeding with configuring your server.
A cloud provider is a company that provides Cloudways with infrastructure. In this case, the infrastructure is accessed by data centers and cloud-based servers for website hosting. To launch your server with the help of Cloudways reviews 2021, the first step is to choose from the above-mentioned cloud providers.
You can customize your server after you have chosen a cloud provider. For instance, you can set the number of page visits you expect each month using a slider on the control panel. Cloudways uses this information to suggest a server size that is appropriate for your individual hosting requirements.
Companies can also manually establish server parameters by specifying how much bandwidth, core processors, RAM, and storage you require. Cloudways will then request for your server location. Once you’re done with the above, you’re just left with setting up WordPress.
You can install it from the “application management” option after configuring the cloud server specs. There are three WordPress installations for businesses to choose from:
- Standard WordPress hosting with cache technologies built-in.
- WordPress Multi-Site which is a WordPress plugin.
- WordPress with WooCommerce hosting.
Each installation comes with the W3 Total cache plug-in, which is installed and configured to improve site speed and performance.
Cloudways offers flexible pricing plans and operates on a “pay-as-you-go” model. You may find the pricing complicated at first, as Cloudways has several plans based on its five different partners—Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr, AWS, and Google Cloud. Here are the plans:
The basic plans under Digital Ocean and Linode are enough for starters. However, if you’re a heavy user, you should get one under the AWS or Google Cloud plans.
Cloudways recently introduced Google Page Experience checker which is critical for web vitals to give best experience to web users.
and here are the results of this website
and here is the Score as per GT Metrix, another website to test Website performance
Cloudways Closest Alternative
WP Engine is the closest alternative to Cloudways but there are limitations to its features.
Here’s how both Hosting Providers stands vis-a-vis against each other.
- WP Engine offers plans based on core feature limitations and number of sites you can host. With Cloudways you can launch as many sites as you want, on any plan. And you get access to the same set of features, no matter which plan you choose.
- WP Engine’s lowest plan starts at $30/month and includes only 1 site. With Cloudways you can get started for as low as $10/month, with unlimited sites.
- Cloudways gives you 3x as many data centers to pick from. WP Engine is having 20 Data Centers whereas Cloudways have 65+ Data Centers
- Cloudways lets you choose your preferred cloud hosting providers based on your performance needs whereas WP Engine picks a server for you.
- WP Engine do not give any Free Trial to start whereas Cloudways offers 3-Days Trial.
- below is the Performance Snapshot between WP Engine & Cloudways
Earlier, traditional hosting methods were used by people, but with the growth in cloud-based hosting, it has become simpler and better. Cloudways is one such company that offers cloud-based WordPress hosting services, which are very reliable and budget-friendly.
For more reviews, you can read here.
After browsing through this Cloudways review 2021, if by any chance, you’re still unsure about proceeding with Cloudways as your managed WordPress host, we recommend you to sign up for Cloudways 3-days free trial here
If you want to read about Facebook Marketing, head over here
and to understand the science of marketing Read here
want to live mindfully, read this
Leave your comments below, will be happy to answer to your questions if any